NBI CLEARANCE ADVISORY
- Category: Advisories
- Published on 09 February 2012
The Philippine Embassy wishes to inform concerned applicants that the matter of issuance of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Clearance Certificate rests in this Agency and NOT with the Embassy.
However, the Fingerprint Card ( NBI Form No. 5) may be obtained from the Embassy. For this purpose, just send a letter request, photocopy of your passport and a self-addressed signature pre-paid courier bag. In accomplishing this Form, the Embassy wishes to reiterate the compliance with the following NBI requirements by applicants:
1. Fingerprint Card (NBI Form No. 5) - to be filled up on both sides of the card truthfully and legibly;
2. Request the assistance/endorsement of the nearest Philippine Embassy/ Philippine Consulate OR the Police Agency in your locality to have your fingerprints impressed ROLLED IMPRESSION, on the appropriate spaces. The person who fingerprinted the applicant should sign his name and state his official designation on the space provided for in the card.
In case, the Police Officer has taken your fingerprints, please type his full name and designation on "IMPRESSIONS TAKEN BY", with the official seal of the police station stamped on.
3. In case the applicant is a married woman, the order of writing is as follows:
a) Your maiden name (family or surname of your father);
b) Your first name or given name;
c) Your maternal surname (maiden surname of your mother); and
d) Your husband's surname or family name ( space provided, No. 2);
4. Attach a latest copy of your 2" x 2" photograph (white background), taken within three (3) months before this application, at the appropriate box in the fingerprint card form.
5. Upon completion of the aforementioned requirements, please send back the form to the NBI and enclose a registered self-addressed courier bag, the Money Order in the sum of Php 200.00 or any currency/bank draft of its equivalent, which is negotiable in the Philippines, payable to the Director, National Bureau of Investigation at Taft Avenue, Ermita 1000 Manila, Philippines. Alternatively, applicants may authorize any representative in the Philippines by enclosing an authorization letter.
6. The NBI or authorized representative will mail back to the applicant the corresponding Clearance Certificate after it has processed his/her application papers.
7. Upon receipt of the Clearance Certificate, please examine it for the presence of the embossed NBI DRY SEAL at its lower left portion as the clearance is invalid without it.
Similarly, please affix your clear and properly taken THUMBPRINT on the space provided for it in the Clearance Certificate before submitting the same to the New Zealand Immigration Office or other concerned authorities. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU HAVE DONE THIS, OTHERWISE, YOUR CLEARANCE MAY BE SUBJECTED TO FURTHER VERIFICATION/AUTHENTICATION THAT WILL CAUSE UNDUE DELAY IN THE SUBMISSION OF THIS DOCUMENT TO THE PROPER AUTHORITIES.