Updated Philippine Health Protocols and Minimum Public Health Standards for International Travellers KDA-2023-01
The Inter-Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) of the Philippines issued the updated guidelines following the lifting of the state of public health emergency throughout the Philippines by virtue of Proclamation No. 297 series of 2023.
According to these updated guidelines, the following now applies to all travellers to and from the Philippines:
- For International Arrivals: Presentation of vaccination status and vaccination certificate for COVID-19 is not required. All arriving international travelers are accepted regardless of their vaccination status;
- For Departing International Travelers: The vaccination requirements depend on the destination country. The Philippine Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) recommends that travelers check the requirements of their destination country; and
- For OFWs and Seafarers: The issuance of the International Certificate of Vaccination for Prophylaxis for Yellow Fever Vaccine and other vaccination depends on the requirement of their agency/company.
- Bureau of Quarantine (BOQ) Memorandum Circular No. 2023-06, the Interim Guidelines on BOQ Operations at Airport/Seaport dated 22 July 2023; and
- Department of Health (DOH) Department Circular No. 2023-0324, Updated Health Protocols following Lifting of the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency dated 23 July 2023.