Typhoon Haiyan Philippine Appeal
In the wake of devastating super typhoon Haiyan, members of the Capital’s Filipino community are appealing to fellow Wellingtonians to support the Typhoon Haiyan Philippine Appeal. A street appeal and Civic Square open concert will be held on 21 and 23 November respectively with all funds raised shared between the Red Cross, UNICEF and Caritas.
The Typhoon Haiyan Philippine Appeal has been organised by the capital’s Filipino organisations, communities and people in conjunction with the Philippine Embassy.
Typhoon Haiyan Philippines Appeal collectors will hit the capital’s streets on Thursday, 21 November 2013 from 7am-9am, 12-2pm and 4-6pm.
• Collection points will be at the following areas: o Zone 1 (Thorndon and Lambton Quay)
- Railway Station A, Beside Trax Café
- Railway Station B, near New World
- Railway Station C, Bus Station
- NZRU Building, Molesworth St.
- New World, Molesworth St., Thorndon
o Zone 2
- St. Andrews Church, Molesworth St.
- BNZ Lambton Quay
- Westpac Lambton Quay (Northend)
- Lambton Square (Lambton Quay Main Entrance)
- Farmers Lambton Quay
- Kirkcaldie and Stains (Main Entrance and Bus Stop)
- Kirkcaldie and Stains (Johnston St. side)
- Kirkcaldie and Stains (Brandon St. side)
- Vodafone Building, Lambton Quay
- Gloria Jean Café, Lambton Quay
- Burger King, Lambton Quay
o Zone 3
- Lower Cuba St. (in front of Burger King /or Body Shop)
- Farmers, Cuba St.
- Courtenay Place (Reading - Bus Stop/Main Entrance)
- Courtenay Place (in front of St. James Theatre)
- Wellington Library - Civic Square
- New World Te Papa
- Te Papa Museum
- Frank Kitts Park
Typhoon Haiyan Philippines Appeal collectors will also be at Lower Hutt’s streets on Thursday, 21 November 2013 from 7am to 8pm
• Collection points will be at the following areas:
- Queens Drive (Rebel/Briscoes and Intersection)
- High St. corner Margaret St.
- Jackson St. (Clock Tower)
- Ground Floor by the Escalator
- Second Floor by The Warehouse
- Pak N’ Save, Brunswick St.
- Countdown, High St.
- New World, Waterloo Rd.
- Kensington St., Petone near WelTec
- Waterloo Railway Station
- Petone Railway Station
- Margaret St. Bus Stop
- Pak N’ Save, Petone
- The Warehouse, Petone
The Typhoon Haiyan Philippine Appeal collectors will also be at Porirua on Thursday, 21 November 2013 from 7am to 6pm
- The collection point at Porirua is at the Cobham Court.
The Typhoon Haiyan Philippines Appeal Concert will take place at Wellington Civic Square on Saturday, 23 November 2013 from 1:30 to 5:30pm
- Members of the Filipino community and the international community will participate in a program which will feature Filipino Choirs, cultural dancers, and volunteer entertainers. A short memorial and offering of flowers will take place. Messages may also be written on a special tarpaulin sheet for especially made for “Messages from the Heart for Victims of Typhoon Yolanda”.
- Donation buckets will be at hand during the concert. All funds raised will be donated to Red Cross, UNICEF, and Caritas.
For more information please contact: Rolyn Demafelis – 021 02736640