Verification of Employment Contracts and Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificates (OEC) for Vacationing OFWs - POLO Advisory No. 2021-07-03
Filipino workers in New Zealand, Cook Islands, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji who are spending vacation or are already vacationing in the Philippines who:
1. Have existing record with POEA and are returning to the same employer, have changed employer on-site, or who arrived from another country; and,
2. Left the Philippines on a different visa and found employment in their present destination
Please be advised of the following:
1. You are required to secure from the POEA an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and present it at the immigration booth at the point of your departure on your return to your overseas worksite.
2. As a requirement for the issuance of your OEC, you need to submit the following documents for verification to POLO Wellington:
- Hard copy of your original Employment Contract (signed by both employer and employee)
- Printed copy of signed Addendum to the Contract (a downloadable copy is hereto attached)
Should your employer not agree to sign the Addendum, you have to submit an insurance that provides for repatriation and medical evacuation to the Philippines in case of worker's death or serious illness.
- Printed copy of valid Work Visa
- Printed copy of your passport valid for at least six (6) months before date of travel
- Recent pay slip
- Sworn Statement briefly narrating how you were hired by your present employer, name of your former employer, and if you have changed your visa status (example: from visitor/student visa to work visa) etc. [no notarial/notarization needed]
- If you submit the above documents by Post, you will need to enclose a paid self-addressed return courier envelope with signature required sticker. This will be used to send the documents back to you
- The documents should be sent to the following address:
Phiippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO Wellington),
Level 1, 286 Thorndon Quay, Pipitea, Wellington 6011
- There is a verification fee of NZD16.00
You must register through the POEA Online Processing System for “Balik Manggagawa (POPs-BaM)” https://onlineservices.poea.gov.ph/onlineservices/poeaonline.aspx to set an in-person appointment to secure your OEC.